End of year update
Hello supporters! It's been a very busy 2010 and a lot of progress has been made on all fronts and our dog park is closer than ever to becoming a reality.
- A 14 page Detailed Project Plan was submitted to the city in late October.
- The City Council will be placing the dog park proposal on its workshop agenda for January 2011.
- A partnership agreement has been entered into with the Community Foundation of Dutchess County (via The Beacon Community Fund) to help make collecting donations easier and tax deductible. We look forward to working with The Beacon Community Fund more closely this coming year.
- We have migrated our email over to MailChimp which will improve our communication and mailing list management - this newsletter is made possible through their fantastic service. Additionally, everyone who subscribes will now received an automated response immediately.
- We have just launched our FaceBook and Twitter pages. Please friend/follow us and help spread the word. (see the links left side).
- Our website continues to be improved and new content added -www.beacondogpark.org
We look forward to the City Council's approval so we can begin the next phase and the exciting work of park construction!
Thanks to everyone who has shown support, volunteered and made contributions.
We look forward to working more closely in the forth coming year.
Happy New year
Friends of Beacon Dog Park