A Dog License is required
Membership is open to everyone who meets the requirements—you don’t have to live in Beacon. We cannot assist you in obtaining the license.
In order for your dog to be registered and use the park the following requirements must be met:
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must have rabies vaccinations that are valid for at least 10 days after your application date.
- Dogs can never have bitten nor attacked another dog or human being.
- Dogs do not act in a violent or threatening way.
- Dogs are licensed in their home municipality.
Beacon City Residents can obtain information through the City of Beacon website.
In order to register for the dog park and be provided with a key and membership tag (s), you’ll need to upload a photo or scan of your dog license through our registration form. A copy of your dog’s license will be kept on file. If the license indicates a rabies vaccine that has since expired or that will expire within 10 days of your application, you will also need to upload a picture of updated rabies vaccine.
2019 Registration Fee
Our membership year runs April 1st-March 31st . Depending on when you join, your fee may be prorated based on the following schedule.
Full Year Registration
April 1st-March 31st : $55 for first dog
6 Month Registration
October 1st-March 31st : $35 for first dog
3 Month Registration
after January 1st-March 31st : $15 for first dog
Additional dog fees
$10 per dog no matter which registration period.
- Replacement tag: $10
- Replacement key: $15
- Order replacement keys and tags using our donation form and following up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will notify you when your keys/tags are at Brett’s!
Where do the fees go?
Since the dog park is a not for profit organization, and is not run by the City of Beacon, a volunteer board is responsible for the park operations. Your membership fees and donations provide the operating funds for the park, which include, but is not limited to:
- Cost of insurances
- Cost of supplies (trash bags, signs, keys, tags, etc.)
- Cost of maintenance (landscaping, website hosting)
Online Registration is now open!
- Keys and tags may be picked up at Brett’s Hardware, 18 W. Main Street, Beacon.
- Brett’s Hardware is open Monday-Friday: 7:30am – 7pm, Saturday: 8am – 6pm and Sunday: 9am – 5pm.
- Friends of Beacon Dog Park is a volunteer organization so please allow us 48 hours to process your application.